New: the CF Construction. Specially developed for applications in the building and construction industry that require regular off-road driving. The CF Construction features an increased approach angle and high ground clearance for good off-road capabilities and numerous clever details for maximum availability, low operating costs and class-leading ease of use. The sturdy styling elements on the CF Construction give the vehicle an individual appearance.
Whether for the transport of sand, cement and building materials. Or for special transport or the timber industry. There is always a CF Construction to meet your exact requirements.
The new DAF CF Construction is delivered as:
- A three-axle 6×4 rigid with an 8 or 9-tonne front axle and a 19, 21 or 26-tonne tandem, which makes the vehicle ideal for use in the building sector and timber industry.
- As a three-axle 6×4 tractor, the CF Construction is exceptionally well suited for special transport applications or for transporting trees or pillars.
- The 8×4 rigid provides the ideal base for a tipper or concrete mixer. With twin steered 7.5, 8 or 9-tonne front axles, combined with a 19, 21 or 26-tonne tandem, this rigid provides a high design GVW of 32 to 44 tonnes.
For applications in which a large approach angle and high ground clearance are of lesser importance, DAF also offers the CF 6×4 and 8×4 models in a version with the attractive exterior design of the standard CF models.
|DAF Construction brochure|
A high level of driver comfort and maximum ease of use were other key requirements set by DAF when developing its new CF Construction.
- A practical step is available as an option on the side of the cab to make it easy for the driver to inspect the load, with a handy bracket on the roof providing an extra hand grip.
- Wide steps provide easy and safe cab access. Models with the 12.9 litre PACCAR MX-13 engine feature three steps, while models with the 10.8 litre PACCAR MX-11 engine have two as standard. An additional lower step is available as an option on these. It is mounted flexibly to minimise vulnerability.
The CF Construction naturally features the same comfortable seats as the other models in the versatile CF range, as well as the stylish dashboard with integrated Driver Performance Assistant and the new, ergonomically positioned switches. The neatly-designed steering wheel with integrated controls also comes as standard on the new construction vehicles.
|DAF Construction brochure|
Power is supplied by the:
- 12.9 litre PACCAR MX-13 engine with ratings of between 303 kW (410 hp) and 375 kW (510 hp)
- 10.8 litre PACCAR MX-11 engine with ratings of between 210 kW (290 hp) and 320 kW (440 hp)
An optional AS Tronic automated gearbox is available with a specific setting for off-road use, with gear shifting strategies specially developed for this purpose. This ensures faster shifting of the gearbox with faster operation of the clutch. Obviously, for the CF Construction also a range of PTOs is available. On versions with the PACCAR MX-11 engine – next to the one o’clock position engine PTO – also a light, 11 o’clock position version is available with a torque of 250 Nm.
The new chassis of the CF Construction models has been developed for maximum stiffness and superior driving characteristics.
- It offers ample room for the positioning of components, such as loading crane supports.
- The chassis has a Y-frame at the front to create room for the new Euro 6 engines and the large cooling unit for low fuel consumption.
- Another new feature is the preparation for mounting a DIN plate, which can be used, for example, to attach a snow plough.
- All models are available with a vertical exhaust pipe, which, in the 8×4 rigid chassis, even has the SCR unit integrated.
Considerable attention was also paid to facilitating the attachment of superstructures. A good example is the Body Attachment Method (BAM) that can be ordered on the FAD 8×4 chassis and which provides complete preparation for mounting the most common tippers. This involves fitting various brackets on the chassis ex-factory and providing a specific hole pattern.